Saturday, March 16, 2013

Madras Madras!

So I'm finally in Madras, and now begins the bulk of my work. This week, I'll be meeting with dance professionals and conducting Interviews (with a capital I for some added importance). I've spent my train ride composing my questions so here they are. This is purely a base skeleton and I'll ad lib depending on the progress of the interview. Feast your eyes:

  1. The major schools of Bharatanatyam are Kalakshetra, Vazhuvoor, and Pandanallur. What is it that sets [insert style name] apart from the others?
  2. What are the stylistic components used in choreography that are uniquely [insert style name]?
  3. How would you characterize the nritta in [style]? (ie: rigid, flowing, etc.)
  4. How would you characterize the abhinaya in [style]? (ie: subdued, dramatic, etc.)
These are my basic questions. I start all this lovely business tomorrow, but right now I'm off to the beach! Ta :)
~Prithvi

No comments:

Post a Comment